6 REASONS WHY YOU MAY NEED A BEET DOWN.
1. Lower Your Blood Pressure: Drinking beet juice may help to lower blood pressure in a matter of hours. One study found that drinking one glass of beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure by an average of 4-5 points.
2. Boost Your Stamina: If you need a boost to make it through your next workout, beet juice may again prove valuable. Those who drank beet juice prior to exercise were able to exercise for up to 16 percent longer.
3. Fight Inflammation: Beets are a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that helps protects cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress.
4. BEET Cancer: The powerful phytonutrients that give beets their deep crimson color may help to ward off cancer.
5. Rich in Valuable Nutrients and Fiber: Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas).
6. Detoxification Support: The betaken pigments in beets support your body's Phase 2 detoxification process, which is when broken down toxins are bound to other molecules so they can be excreted from your body.